Tuesday, January 29, 2008

UNOFFICIAL REPORT: VA HB1570 DIED IN SUBCOMMITTEE!!!

Folks!

I contacted the office of Virginia House Delegate Robert Hull 10
minutes ago. Delegate Hull is the sponsor of VA HB 1570 which proposes
the mandatory Spay/Neuter of all animals sold by all breeders.

I was verbally told by the staffer at delegate Hulls office that
"HB1570 DID NOT MAKE IT", and that "IT WILL NOT BE REINTRODUCED IN
THIS LEGISLATIVE SESSION".

I also contacted the office of Delegate Robert Orrock who is the
Chairman of the House subcommittee hearing this bill. Del. Orrocks
legislative aide, Renee Hudson, confirmed the above verbally to me and
added that "this bill will not be considered again this year".

This news remains to be officially confirmed and I will be checking on
that in the next few days.

HOWEVER I WISH TO THANK ALL OF YOU WHO RESPONDED IN ANYWAY POSSIBLE TO
BRING ABOUT THIS OUTCOME. Words do not begin to express my sense of
gratitude to all of you.

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!!!

Ravi Iyer

No comments: