Monday, June 28, 2010

Candidate Resumes

Board of Inquiry

(Two blocks of posting due to Blogging constraints)

John Bochenek
(Incumbent) - 2010 elections

Region/Club(s): Mideastern Region / Metro-Detroit SchH Club and Der Michigan SchH Verein

Biography:

My name is John Bochenek and I currently serve as a Board of Inquiry Committee Member and wish to return to the position for another term. I live in Milan, Michigan and have been married to my wife Angelic for the past 8yrs. Together we have a 2yr old son named Deacon James. I have been employed with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Detroit for the past 6 years as a Regulatory Biologist / Project Manager overseeing construction projects which impact upon Waters of the United States. During the course of my job, I routinely interpret and enforce laws regarding the protection of wetlands and other natural resources within in the Corps of Engineers jurisdiction. I feel this experience has helped during my past term on the Board of Inquiry and will continue to ensure that only fair and unbiased decisions will be delivered from the 2010-2011 Board of Inquiry Committee.

Relevant Experience / Associations:
USA Board of Inquiry Committee Member – 2008-present
Metro Detroit Schutzhund Club (USA Club) – Training Director - 2008-present
Der Michigan Schutzhund Verein (USA Club) – Vice President - 2005-present
Federation American Bulldog (FedAB) - AWDF Breed Club – Treasurer - 2007-2010
FedAB – AWDF Delegate – 2008-2010
FedAB – Judge/Helper Committee Chair - 2007-2010
American Working Malinois Association (AWMA) – member - 2007-present
Trial Helper Experience: (7) National Championships, (3) USA Mideast Regional Championships, and (9) USA Club trials

Email: johnbochenek@hotmail.com Phone: 248-860-5340

Laurie Coppola

My name is Laurie Coppola. I currently serve USA on the Board of Inquiry and would like to run for that same position again. I believe that we are an organization that should be run by it's membership and as such the onus is on the average member to step up and offer their service to the organization where they can. While serving this current term on the BOI, I strive to serve with fairness, integrity and accountability at each step of the process. In the sport I have trained and titled HOT dog(s) from the BH level to the Sch3, IPO3, FH level. I have competed multiple times at the national level with multiple dogs. In "real life" I am a registered nurse in a very busy Pediatric Intensive Care Unit that serves 3 states and 25 counties. We are a teaching hospital and part of my duties as a charge/transport/cardiac nurse is the development and education of new resident physicians, as well as a transport RN that goes into outlying hospitals and transports back critically ill children via ambulance or helicopter. I am honored to have served USA this past term and I look forward to serving again in the future.

Michael Gardner

Removed at Mikes request - August 12, 2011


Molly Graf

Margaret Graf "Molly" - 41 years old, single, homeowner, business owner, Schutzhund sport enthusiast. - USA member since 1992. - Trained/titled 5 dogs from 0 to Schh3,FH, and breed survey, conformation ratings. - 3 of these dogs were bred by myself. - One dog from my breeding has his HGH title, and is working toward his Schh titles. - Breeding under the kennel name vom Eichenluft since 1995. ALL of the dogs in my breeding program are Schh titled, hip rated, conformation rated and most of them breed surveyed. - Schutzhund sport competitor at club, Regional and National level. Also a competing member of the 2004 FCI World Team with a dog of my own breeding/training/titles. - Bronze, Silver, Gold and Masters' Gold Sports Medal Recipient. - USA Tattooer and Breed Warden for many years - Northeast Regional Breed Warden and BAC member for the past 9 years. - USA Seiger Show competitor, and supporter/competitor for Universal Seiger. - I am honest to a fault. Hard-working, making a living working hard and earning my income. I have never cheated or lied to gain any accolades, titles or scores. I train my dogs with motivational methods. I help with my region as much as I can. I have a reputation for standing my ground and helping those who need help. I do not tolerate people who abuse their animals, cheat or lie to gain points or accolades. When I state my opinion it is only when I am confident my opinion is correct and from first-hand experience. I enjoy helping people and freely give information based on my own experiences and knowledge. I am very interested in a position on the BOI.

Lisa Matarrese

Hello my name is Lisa Matarrese and I would like to be considered for the Board of Inquiry position with United Schutzhund Clubs. I live in Diamond, Ohio with my husband of 20 years, Pat, and our two children, Jessica, 18 and Cheney 17. I have been employed by H&R Block for 10 years where I am a Senior Tax Advisor. Prior to that I was employed by the State of Ohio at the Bureau of Workers Compensation, as a Claims Representative. When my children were younger I served at the Secretary for my sons Youth Wrestling Program for 5 years. I was the Treasurer of their Hotstove Baseball/Softball program for almost 6 years. It is my nature to help. I helped my husband start our Schutzhund club, Northeast Ohio Working Dog Association in 1999. We started with the two of us and two others, and I'm proud to say we now have over 20 club members. I organize at least two Schutzhund trials per year, including a regional event, and helper seminars. Pat is the training director of our club, so between working all of the club dogs and training his personal dogs, that leaves me to be responsible for all other aspects of our club. I make it my top priority to know the rules and keep current with changes. I have been the trial secretary for over 25 trials, including several regional events. I am not afraid to ask for help, or double check to make sure things are being done correctly. I am also a USA Tattooer for several years now. I feel like USA is on a good path with their breed registry. My husband and myself register all of our dogs and our litters with USA/SV, all dogs are A-stamped. Our dogs are always shown at USA conformation shows. We utilize everything that USA has to offer. Following the rules to keep the standards high with USA and the German Shepherd breed is very important to me. Having a USA club and being a member of USA for a big part of my life means I am responsible for educating others. It is important that I answer every phone call and email, I understand that I might be able to open one more persons life to schutzhund with a few simple answers to their question. It was a privilege to help at the WUSV in Cincinnati, what a superb event! Our youth program is such an important means of growth, the youth are our future.One suggestion I have that I believe would create greater USA membership is to offer seniors a discounted membership. I have spoken with several seniors that no longer physically participate in the sport, but would love to get a USA magazine every other month! Many seniors of course have limited budgets. I believe that it is impossible to grow without opening our minds to new ideas and accepting change. Change is the one constant thing! Good communication is a must. I feel that I have a lot to offer, it would be an honor for me to be able to contribute more of myself to being an officer of USA. The German Shepherd dog is my life, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I have been a loyal member of USA for nearly 15 years, I have no other club affiliations, I have no criminal history, no felonies, maybe a speeding ticket , but that would be it! I have an open mind and I am eager to help.

No comments: