Monday, June 28, 2010

Candidate Resumes

Vice President



Craig Groh

You will find me; on the training field, the trial field, the conformation ring, in the whelping box, and in the meeting room. I have always been involved with all aspects of the sport, the organization and the breed.


I became a member of USA when I was a relatively young pup (1988).
It was the same back in the day just as it is today. If you look strong, fast and foolish enough they put helper pants on you, and then got out the Rottweiler. I’ve been doing helper work ever since. I’ve performed helper work at Regional and National events. I’m currently a classified Teaching Helper trying to pass it on.


I enjoy working with people providing support and education in all areas of the sport. Training new handlers and helpers and promoting a positive image of the sport to members and the general public. I have been fortunate enough to learn for some of the top trainers and breeders in this country and around the world. I am the Training director at my local club.


I also help encourage youth handlers to participate in and learn from the sport, as these young handlers and helpers are the future of the sport. Working with and promoting our youth members is my greatest passion in the sport today. I am a board member of the Schutzhund USA Youth Scholarship Fund.


I’ve titled 9 dogs in my tenure so far, all from scratch (HOT). I hope to return to National level competition soon.


My registered kennel name is von Grohaus. I have been able to produce second generation breed dogs that have achieved SchH III, KKL I, V ratings.


I completed my Performance Judging Apprenticeship in September 2005. I was able to apprentice under some of the most respected judges in the world. I received my United Schutzhund Clubs of America Performance Judging license in November 2005 and my SV license in July. 2009.


Some say I’m a glutton for punishment as I have been involved in all levels of this organizations bureaucracy over the years. I currently hold the office of Vice President. I also serve as one of USA’s delegates on the AWDF board.


It has been a pleasure to serve as Vice President for the past two years. During this time I have kept in close communication with our President and stayed abreast of all USCA business and issues so that I would be prepared to assume the office if necessary. I have also performed various duties as assigned by the President, served on various committees, and represented the organization when the President was unable.


During the past year and a half I have worked closely with the office staff, the executive board and the entire organization not to just bring about change, but to help move this organization forward on various fronts. We have streamlined operations throughout the organization and at the office through the use of technology and process improvements.


If elected again I will continue working for all of the members within the organization to exceed the goals that we have set. I try every day to give back to the organization, the sport, and the breed that his given me so much.


Thank you for your support.

No comments: