Monday, June 28, 2010

Candidate Resumes

Auditing Committee.


Raye Lynn Ackerman


I would like to submit my resume for the Auditing Committee of United Schutzhund Clubs of America.

My name is Raye Lynn Ackerman. I grew up in Martins Ferry Ohio, where I graduated from Martins Ferry High School. I attended Ohio University, Wheeling Community College, and Belmont Technical College. I have attended and received certificates from ABA classes and West Virginia Bankers Association Classes, throughout the years.

A little bit about my personal life. I live in Bellaire Ohio with my husband Jim Ackerman. We have been married for 29 years. We both graduated from Martins Ferry High School, class of 1973.

I have been employed by The Citizens Savings Bank for 32 years. My current position is Vice President, Loan Administration and Servicing. Citizens Bank is a division of The Citizens Savings Bank, Martins Ferry Ohio. I am responsible for the loans being processed and serviced.

I have 7 employees who report directly to me. I am responsible for the balancing of the entire Loan portfolio, which includes Commercial, Consumer Real Estate, Consumer, and Floor Plan loans. My department is responsible for processing and servicing ALL new and existing loans. In addition to balancing internal checking accounts, general ledger accounts, insurance accounts, escrow accounts, and the daily processing of new and existing loans. I must submit monthly a reconciliation report each month of these accounts. I process and remit on a monthly basis the Secondary Market Portfolio for Freddie Mac.

Citizens Bank is active in many government lending programs, such as SBA, Ohio Capital Access Program (OCAP) and Grow Now. I am responsible for reporting and remitting, setting up these accounts.

I also serve on many committees such as compliance, training. We have many internal and external audit exams which I am heavily involved each time. This also includes exams from the FDIC, and the State of Ohio.

I was treasurer of a local non profit club for 18 years. I was responsible for collecting all monies for dues, accounts payable and receivables, sending invoices each month to members. Being accountable for monies taken in during functions was a must. I reported on a monthly basis to the executive board and then again to the general membership of about 35 members.

My involvement and membership in USA started in 1992 with my husband Jim. We are members of O.G. Buckeye Schutzhund Club. Jim is Treasurer. I have been by his side training throughout his successful career. I am currently training a female from our breeding, Carley von Eiche Berg, (Pinkey).

Jim and I were very active in both World Championships in Boston and Cincinnati. We have successfully participated in many of our club’s National Sieger Show, Regional Championship and H.O.T. Championship, to name just a few. Each and every trial O.G. Buckeye hosts, we are there helping out in some way.

I believe with my experience I will be a benefit to the auditing committee of USA.

Beth Shea


My first German Shepherd came to me as a late Christmas gift in 1962 when I was thirteen. Since that time German Shepherds and the GSD world has been the one constant in my life. My involvement with German Shepherds has brought me gifts of great dogs and wonderful friendships.

I have trained and trialed my dogs in herding, obedience and schutzhund. I have also trained and handled my dogs in the conformation ring. I currently share my home with three dogs - Nemo , 11.5 years old, a son of Lasso Nuenberg; Remy, 7 years, a Dutch import from KNVP lines and her daughter Seffe. Remy and I just finished our Sch3 H.O.T qualifying me for the Sch3 club. She is also my working service dog as I have a mobility disorder. I am training Seffe as a successor service dog and while she has also shown a lot of talent for herding that training is on hold until I find a new job.

Over the years I have been a member of many local German Shepherd and Schutzhund clubs and have served in most positions at one time or another - secretary, vice-president, treasurer, seminar and meeting coordinator and trial secretary. I also served for five years on the National Herding committee of the GSDCA as part of the group that was instrumental in bringing herding competitions back to AKC breeds. While I am no longer a member of GSDCA, my thirty years of membership in that organization allows me a unique view of the history and politics and relationships of the various German Shepherd organizations in the United States.

I will bring a varied background to any position I am nominated for. By training I am a lawyer but have not practiced for quite some time, instead pursing careers in government, education and the private sector. My most recent experience lies in working as a law library director for private law firms. This is a job much akin to running a small business in that it demands skills in fiscal , personnel and material management. In addition to providing all library services, some of the additional areas I was responsible for included contract negotiation for electronic resources; budget development. tracking and reporting; accounts payable and training of staff and new associates in the use of computer resources. It is a job that requires a high degree of skill with computers and I have served on several informational technology committees. I have donated my time and expertise to professional and community organizations as well. I currently serve on the advisory board of the International Association of Assistant Dog Partners and have served for the past four years on the grant committee of my local credit union. While I believe my expertise and skills could be best used on the Audit Committee , I would be willing to consider another position.

Kris Taves


I have been involved in USA for 20 years at the national, regional and local level. I am a member of the Schutzhund 3 Club. Twice I have been selected as back-half SchH 3 helper at the North Central Regional Championship (96,99). I served as president of the Minnesota Valley Schutzhund Verein for two consecutive terms (96,97). I was elected to the USA Board of Inquiry in 1999 and 2000. I left the chairmanship of the BOI having been elected to serve as North Central Region Director in 2001. I have served numerous terms on the USA Auditing Committee.

I am honored to be considered again for service to the United Schutzhund Clubs of America.

No comments: